A crush proof garage exhaust hose system is the most simple and economic method for extracting exhaust from vehicles and small engines while operating them indoors. This system can be used for cars, trucks, vans, SUVs, motorcyles, lawn mowers, snow mobiles, etc.
Crush Proof is so called because it can retain its form even after it has been repeatedly driven over or stepped on ... making it great for an active garage, and a wiser long-term investment. The diagrams below show how crush proof exhaust hose can be used in a simple manner to ventilate vehicle exhaust fumes if the vehicle is close to the garage door or within simple reach of a plug-in garage ventilation system.
Fume-A-Vent's Overhead Systems are a user-friendly and cost-effective solution that meets a wide variety of demands. These systems incorporate many hose types and lifting configurations. The hose types range from high-temperature silicone to medium-temperatures polyester. The lifting configurations include ropes and pulleys and cable balancers. Complete the package by adding a direct-mount fan, which allows a complete stand-alone system. Or connect to ductwork and a central fan.
1. Connects directly to the ducting system.
2. Hose is designed with the exact temperature and length needed for your custom application.
3. Hose is stowed using an elbow joint which suspends the hose.
4. A nozzle is selected which meets the needs of your custom application.
5. The hose is lowered from the ceiling and easily unclipped for use.
6. The nozzle (4) easily attaches to the exhaust source.
Fume-A-Vent Vehicle Exhaust Hose Reels offer a clean, user friendly solution for removing harmful exhaust fumes from service bays. Standard options include motor operated or manual spring retraction. Each reel is either equiped with a direct mount fan or numerous reels ducted to a centralized exhaust fan.
Manual spring operated reels work best in applications where the hose reel is within reaching distance of the operator. Simply pull down the hose to the desired length and attach the exhaust nozzle to the tailpipe. When finished, the hose easily retracts back into the reel.
Motorized hose reels are preferred when hose reels are beyond the reach of the operator. Or when large diameter hose is required and cannot be retrieved by manual spring retraction. Each reel is wired to a control panel that hangs down directly below the hose reel. Various auto starters, Co2 detectors and custom control panels help simplify any complicated application.
1. A drum stores the hose securely in place overhead.
2. The hose reel is mounted to a steel beam.
3. The hose reel lift system can be spring-operated or equipped with a motor.
4. The hose reel exhaust port can be equipped with a direct mount blower or attached to a centralized ducting system.
5. The hose easily extends so that the nozzle can attach to the exhaust source.
This category encompasses most car repair facilities and dealerships. Most cars, trucks, vans and SUVs will run gasoline and have 4" horizontal tailpipes, or at least have tailpipes that can be adapted to. These vehicles (running at an idle) will produce temperatures reaching 600°F. If your facility requires that these vehicles not be running at an idle, please contact us for special conditions.
Hollywood Motor Co. purchased an old building and garage and turned it into an Automotive Dealership with corresponding repair garage. The garage required a vehicle exhaust extraction system.