This category encompasses vehicles that have horizontal tailpipes, but might have different requirements from the standard car repair facility. Whereas most standard automobiles have 4" 600° gasoline tailpipes, vehicles in this category, may be 4" or larger, and might be gasoline or diesel.Large Horiz. Exhaust:
Fume-A-Vent's Overhead Systems are a user-friendly and cost-effective solution that meets a wide variety of demands. These systems incorporate many hose types and lifting configurations. The hose types range from high-temperature silicone to medium-temperatures polyester. The lifting configurations include ropes and pulleys and cable balancers. Complete the package by adding a direct-mount fan, which allows a complete stand-alone system. Or connect to ductwork and a central fan.
1. Connects directly to the ducting system.
2. Hose is designed with the exact temperature and length needed for your custom application.
3. Hose is stowed using an elbow joint which suspends the hose.
4. A nozzle is selected which meets the needs of your custom application.
5. The hose is lowered from the ceiling and easily unclipped for use.
6. The nozzle (4) easily attaches to the exhaust source.
Fume-A-Vent Vehicle Exhaust Hose Reels offer a clean, user friendly solution for removing harmful exhaust fumes from service bays. Standard options include motor operated or manual spring retraction. Each reel is either equiped with a direct mount fan or numerous reels ducted to a centralized exhaust fan.
Manual spring operated reels work best in applications where the hose reel is within reaching distance of the operator. Simply pull down the hose to the desired length and attach the exhaust nozzle to the tailpipe. When finished, the hose easily retracts back into the reel.
Motorized hose reels are preferred when hose reels are beyond the reach of the operator. Or when large diameter hose is required and cannot be retrieved by manual spring retraction. Each reel is wired to a control panel that hangs down directly below the hose reel. Various auto starters, Co2 detectors and custom control panels help simplify any complicated application.
1. A drum stores the hose securely in place overhead.
2. The hose reel is mounted to a steel beam.
3. The hose reel lift system can be spring-operated or equipped with a motor.
4. The hose reel exhaust port can be equipped with a direct mount blower or attached to a centralized ducting system.
5. The hose easily extends so that the nozzle can attach to the exhaust source.
Fume-A-Vent's Boom Arms work well for shops with overhead cranes or high ceilings that prevent the use of overhead exhaust extraction systems. The system stores tightly against the wall when not in use, and swings out over or between bays when needed. Boom Arm systems allow versatility in the placement of the vehicle, and are also ideal for vertical stack diesel exhaust extraction. Boom Arms come in two different styles, depending on the application.
Pivoting Boom Arms (BA). Extension arm is available in 7', 10', or 13' lengths. Many different accessories may be mounted directly to the end of the BA.
Pivoting Articulating Boom Arm (BAA). Allows the arm to swivel, fold, and create a scissor effect at the center joint. The BAA is available in 10', 15', and 20' lengths. Many different accessories may be mounted directly on the end of the BAA.
A rope and pully or cable balancer system can be added to the BA or BAA for ideal exhaust hose storage and accessibility.
1. Boom arms can be mounted to a wall or braced to a beam, making them perfect for high ceilings or buildings with overhead cranes (a problem for other systems).
2. The boom arm swivels at the base, allowing it to tuck against the wall for out-of-the-way storage.
3. A Pivoting-Articulating style (optional), allows the arm to bend in the middle, providing for additional length and more compact storage.
4. A Pivoting style (standard), does not fold in the middle, but only allows pivoting at the base.
5. When the hose is not in use, or when the arm is stored, the hose can be lifted and stored. A rope/pulley system ties to a lifting elbow located in the middle of the hose. This allows for neat and compact storage when not in use.
Diesel Power Equipment Co. is a diesel engine repair shop. They provide engine horsepower, performance testing and diagnostics, hydraulic testing, fluid analysis, and rebuild cylinders, pumps, hydrostat/power-shift transmissions, and steering systems.